Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Have Minivan, Must Fill!

This weekend we made the leap and bought a minivan. 

We knew that we would need more space eventually, but about a month ago, after riding in the Ford Focus for 3.5 hours with the Oldest's knees in my back for the entire ride, I announced that we needed one SOON.   Fitting Brandon, myself, the two growing boys, and the 65 pound dog into the Ford Focus for trips was becoming harder and harder.   The truck is a little better because of it's width, but we don't always want to drive a vehicle that gets 11 miles to the gallon and only has 2 doors.

So we started looking a little online, went and test drove a few, looked online more and on Saturday went to a dealership that Brandon's cousin works at.   They no longer had the minivan we were originally interested in, but they had another one that they thought we'd like.   After taking it for a drive, talking about finances, and a couple of deep breaths, we bought it.

It's used, but hey - that's ok!   It's a 2005 Chevy Uplander, but it has less than 54k miles on it.  Whoever had it before didn't do much driving!  It's fully loaded - leather interior, heated seats, DVD player, 6 disc changer, etc.   I'm still trying to figure out all of the controls! 



I am a lot like my father though: I get buyer's remorse.    I over think all of the "what-ifs" and worry about having a car payment, but in the end I have to remember that this will be good for our family.  We will all fit comfortably and we will be ready to travel as a family of 5 (or 6 if you count Marley) when we are matched with our new child.    I can't wait to find the perfect car seat to go in our minivan!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty van and it sounds like that was a very smart purchase! I completely understand how you feel with buyer's remorse...I'm the same way! You will have plenty of room for your new baby!

    ReplyDelete