Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A quick update

I haven't written in a while; mostly because not much has been going on as far as the adoption goes.

We are waiting for our home study to be finished and I am having a couple of people review our profile before printing a test copy.  I think about names a lot and have started to think about cloth diapering, which will be an adventure.    

 We're enjoying our van and love how spacious it feels even with the 4 of us in there.    The boys went back to school last week and weren't too happy about starting earlier than other schools in the area.  They are in 7th and 8th grade this year, which seems wild.   I'm excited to go to some football games, choir concerts, and band concerts.   
Brandon and I had a date night on Saturday night. We had a blast trying a new restaurant and going to a comedy club.  My mom reminded us that we need to do this now, because when we are the parents of an infant, it won't happen too often!    We also went to a State Fair on Sunday and ate fair food, fought through mobs of people, and enjoyed some time with our friends Amy & Laura. 

Overall, things are going well, but I am anxious about getting things going again....  

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across your blog from another blog that I read. My husband and I recently adopted a newborn through domestic adoption. Our daughter is now 5 weeks old!I just wanted to offer some encouragement for you! I remember waiting for our homestudy to be completed, and the excitement of knowing that we were "officially" waiting for a phone call saying that we had been matched! We expected a long wait, and although we really only waited a few months before we found out we had been matched, the wait seemed to last FOREVER! So, my prayers are with you and hopefully your homestudy will be approved and your wait will be even shorter than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement! Congrats on your daughter!

    ReplyDelete