Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I admit.... which turns into the first baby item

So I will admit that for a while, I wasn't sure if we would bring another child into our lives.
Marrying a man with two older kids has a way of throwing a wrench into your life plan.

Before meeting me, Brandon thought he was done having kids.  He had two wonderful boys and wasn't even sure if marriage was in his future.   Apparently I threw a wrench into his life plan!   There were times where I told myself "I'm fine with just being a step-mom.  I'll probably be a fairly  young grandmother."    Then there were the times that I cried myself to sleep because I heard that someone else we knew was pregnant.  Brandon knew how much I wanted a child and eventually, he realized that he wanted another one with me.   We talked casually about our options for a while and when we got married, I knew that someday there would be a child for us.

Then, last June we were visiting Brandon's mom and her husband out at The Farm, which is surrounded by Amish Country.   We went to an Amish Consignment auction and after a long day of me not finding much that I was interested in we were about to leave when I saw it: a wooden baby cradle.  All of a sudden, I had to have it.   I told Brandon that I "kind of" wanted it.  That maybe someday... and he told me to go for it.    And after bidding $30, it was mine.  The "stuff" that was included in the lot didn't matter. I had a wooden baby cradle!

My cradle has been sitting in the corner of our garage for 10 months now and honestly, I had forgotten about it.    Then, the other day it as I was looking through baby items online, it popped into my head.  We have a cradle!   Not only do we have a cradle, but someday, we will have a baby to put into that cradle!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love that story and that cradle...it would photograph so nicely....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) It could probably stand to be refinished and maybe that will be something we'll do while "waiting", but even if we don't it's still pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete